Safety for beloved Senior Citizens
Safety, this is the most important factor which can’t be overlooked. As a child our parents and as a parent, we for our kids check out first and foremost thing anywhere and any place is Safety.
Now, it’s our turn to safeguard our elders and give them a safe and secure environment. I will be sharing 3 kinds of safety we must look into for them.
Physical, Mental and Virtual
It’s important for us to make their life easy and safe. As age grows it brings so many factors where physically we can’t be super active.. and so our loved ones. Physical safety means :
It’s not only having locks and webcams installed apart from that you need to make sure that below things are perfect for their living at home.
1.Make sure that home should not be over crowded with furniture that hurt them while walking inside.
2. Your Kitchen electric appliances should not be damaged or broken wires. Rather any electric items at home should be in proper condition.
3. During winters if they are using heaters please do check that heaters are placed at least 3 feet away from anything that can burn, such as curtains, bedding, or furniture.
4. Do make a list of emergency contact numbers and paste list which is easily accessible to them.
5. Check all water connection too as it can also lead to major emergencies.
6. Keep rubber mats outside your bathroom to avoid them slip.
Try to give them an environment which is not stressful. A happy and positive environment will not lead to any mental health-related problem. Stress and negative approach can hamper their peace and health which can lead to an unwanted invitation to dangerous situations.
We can save them from the outside world and inside our home but as I mentioned their love to learn new things today made them learn how to be active or be super active on social media. It’s great that they are learning and adapting new features of life but we need to make them understand the cons of this virtual world.
Tell them not to share basic and important details to any strangers talking to you on social media as it could be a person who can harm them. No need to make new virtual friends, it’s not that all are bad and dangerous but you can’t trust anyone to share your address, phone numbers, bank details or any other information.
Let’s protect them who protected us years!!
I am taking my Alexa Rank to the next level with Blogchatter #MyFriendAlexa
Current Status of Alexa Rank:
India Rank: 10,469
© Ruchie Verma. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
1,923 total views, 3 views today