With full swing festivals knocked our doors and today when we started celebrating Navratri to workship Goddess Durga for 9 days, dressing up in ethnic wear is mandatory.
When it comes to ethnic wear I always prefer lehenga’s over saree, tell you the reason why…It looks stylish, traditional and easy to carry.
We celebrate Navratri every year with a full swing, fun and devotion basically there are many stories behind this festival but if in short, I have to tell it’s about the victory of Good over Evil.
Since childhood what I have learned stories behind these nine days festival one of which is when Ravan kidnapped Sitaji and these nine days is a celebrated enactment of the epic ‘Ramayana’ and the tenth day when Ram kill Ravan to celebrate victory over evil.
The other one which my mom tells that Maa Durga is also called as Nav Durga and so we celebrate and workship these all nine avatars of Goddess Durga.
Other than workship we play dandiya, garba for all nine days across India and show our happiness and for that, we dress up in traditional attire and flaunt daily with one particular color as decided.
Navratri Colours 2018 (Day And Date Wise)
|Date||Navratri Day||Navratri Colours|
|10th October 2018||Pratipada||Royal Blue|
|11th October 2018||Dwitiya||Yellow|
|12th October 2018||Tritiya||Green|
|13th October 2018||Chaturthi||Grey|
|14th October 2018||Panchami||Orange|
|15th October 2018||Sashti||White|
|16th October 2018||Saptami||Red|
|17th October 2018||Ashtami||Sky Blue|
|18th October 2018||Navami||Pink|
I am planning to make each special with 9 colorful lehenga’s and how to get that was really a great challenge for me and then my search ends to Homeshop18.
I have selected 9 colorful lehengas from HomeShop18 and you too can explore options there of your choice.
Why Lehenga for this festival?
As I told you all Lehenga is always my first preference when it comes to ethnic wear and now I tell you why it is …check out the reasons:
- No age bar to wear lehenga: lehenga is for everyone..yes for each age group. When your 1-year-old is flaunting her lehenga trust me your 90-year-old grandmom can also do the garba in lehenga.
- It gives vibrant vibes: Yes, I agree saree gives elegant look but lehenga bring out your vibrant side and you feel much younger than your age.
- Give a new twist: Now, you can look more stylish and trendy giving a little fusion touch to your lehenga. Wear it with a crop top and some funky jewelry you will be the star of the evening.
- You can turn it for any occasion: Not only for these festive season lehenga’s are best but also for weddings and other family function you can always go for lehenga.
- Above all this ethnic wear is most comfortable to carry and goes well on any occasion. It will never fail you.
I have shared my love for lehenga and going to flaunt in this festival season. What is your style statement this festival? Do share in the comments below.
Read More about Navratri
Check out Navratri Recipe
© Ruchi Verma
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruchie Verma (WigglingPen) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
9,328 total views, 1 views today