Choosing the right career path is important after 12th, it could be Science, Arts, or Commerce from any stream but make sure to select the career option that interests you. Advertising, Archaeology, Aeronautical Engineering, Animation, Anchoring there are so many options available to select from.
Let’s check out a few options in today’s post and try to help out you to know more about a few of these options like advertising, anchoring, and others.
**Please Note to check the eligibility and qualification with the branch head, universities, and colleges.
In the coming years, India is going to emerge as the world’s largest aviation market currently it is in the third largest aviation market. One of the most emerging branches of engineering is Aeronautical Engineering and the ones who are behind these flying machines are called Aeronautic Engineers.
B.Tech (Aeronautical) is what you need to study, where apart from researching aircraft components, new designs for aircraft, aircraft engines, bringing design to software, and more one also learn about its operations, maintenance, and planning.
Roles and Responsibilities of Aeronautical Engineers
- Design aircraft and propulsion systems
- Evaluation and testing designs to ensure that they meet specifications
- Ensure the operations
- Safety and Environmental Specification
- Evaluation and examination of damaged or malfunctioning components.
Key Skills Required
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Business skills
- Math skills
Job Opportunities for Aeronautical Engineers
- Air Force, Defence Ministry, Airlines, Aviation companies
- Research agencies like NASA, ISRO
- Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO)
- Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL)
- Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA)
- Air India
- National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL)
- Civil aviation department (DGCA)
- Racing Car Designer
- Flight Mechanics Engineer
- Graduate Engineer Trainee
- Assistant aircraft engineer
- Aircraft Production engineer
- Assistant Technical officers
- Air safety officer
- Space scientist
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO B.Tech., (AERONAUTICAL)
- Students must be 10+2 passed out with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or equivalent.
- 3 years Engineering Diploma in the relevant stream. (i.e. Diploma in Mechanical, Production & Industrial, Electronics & Communication, Electronics, Instrumentation & Control, Telecommunication Engineering, and Aeronautical Engineering. Students with this qualification are eligible for lateral entry into the second year of the Aeronautical Engineering Program.
- B.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Students with this qualification are eligible for lateral entry into the second year of the Aeronautical Engineering Program.
- As per the AICTE norms, the candidate must have a minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 in PCM or equivalent or in any of the above qualification requirements.
It’s a four years degree program with 8 semesters, with theory and practical classes followed by an internship at the end of every semester.
Every industry spends a huge amount on advertising and so this profession gives you the sky to explore and fly in multiple fields with your creativity. From Certificate to diploma to the degree you have a range of options to apply for advertising courses.
There are offline and online modes of options available which need to be checked from the desired institutes, colleges, and universities.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO ADVERTISING
- Students must be 10+2 passed out from the recognized boards with a minimum of 50% Marks.
- To Post Graduate, the candidate needs to graduate from a recognized university with 50% to 60% of marks.
There are various advertising courses available that students can opt for as per their choice of interest. Listing few below:
- BA Advertising
- BA Advertising and PR
- BA Advertising and Brand Management
- Bachelor of Media Management
- Diploma in Advertising and Marketing Communication
- Diploma in Advertising (Public Relations and Business Studies)
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
- BA Advertising, Sales Promotion, and Sales Management.
Roles and Responsibilities of Advertising Manager
- Taking care of advertising department operations and staff members.
- Coordinating with staff, clients, or an ad agency to establish and meet project goals, budgets, and timelines.
- Developing advertising strategies for products or services.
- Monitoring project progress.
- Planning and execution.
- Negotiating contract specifications and terms with clients or other external parties.
- Initiating and directing research efforts.
- Collecting and analyzing data.
- Hiring and evaluation of employees within the advertising department.
- Providing expert advice on marketing and advertising methods for new or existing products or services.
Key Skills Required in Marketing
- Analytical skills
- Communication Skill
- Decision Making
- Organizational skill
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
Job Opportunities in Marketing
- Social Media Manager
- Event Planner
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Marketing Coordinator
- Market Researcher
- Production Manager
- Creative Director
To brief about career option Actuary, they are qualified experts and skilled professionals in the field of Economics, Statistics, and Mathematics. Actuaries help in Risk Assessment and Estimation of premiums for any sort of insurance business and are in charge of Reviewing Company Policies along with working on Statistical Data, Developing New Risk Analysis Methods, and more.
Actuaries help organizations plan for the future and help insulate them from their financial losses by analyzing and assessing financial risks in a business or organization.
Role and Responsibility of Actuaries
- Analyzing statistical data.
- Computer modeling of statistics to determine potential risks.
- Presentations and reports preparation.
- Communicating findings to clients, managers, and stakeholders
- Keeping abreast of financial developments in the business world.
Key Skills Required
- Sharp analytical and creative skills
- Knowledge of calculus and economic theory
- Proficiency in modeling software
- Knowledge of statistical analysis
- Creative thinking
- Opportunity in Insurance and Reinsurance companies
- Consultants for companies, banking, and financial consulting firms
- Actuarial consulting firms
- Life Insurance Actuary
- Forensic Actuacy
- Property and Casualty Actuary
- Pension funds
- Investment advisories
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO ACTUARY
- Candidates must have completed class 12th with a minimum aggregate of 50% or above from a recognized board in the Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- For postgraduate, Candidates must have completed graduation in B.Sc or B.Com with mathematics and statistics as main subjects with a minimum aggregate of 50% or above from a recognized institute
Apart from above mentioned courses there are various career options available after 12 and graduation few are listed below.
Other Career Options
- Advocate General
- Air Hostess Training
- Architectural Engineering
- Actuarial Science
- Audio Engineering
Hope this article will help a bit in understanding the career options available in the Indian education system and choosing from the best you wish to move ahead in life.
Will try to bring all possible courses available in the next articles.
Also Read: The Impact of Technology On Live Classes
This post is part of #BlogchatterA2Z challenge
© Ruchie Verma.
Disclaimer: The details mentioned in the post are true to author’s knowledge and for information purpose ONLY. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruchie Verma (WigglingPen) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
1,125 total views, 1 views today