Live classes have been a part of online learning since the evolution of the virtual learning process. We all know that technology has been a great help in keeping education consistent and intact even during the pandemic. These live classes were conducted by various institutions both private and public all across the globe and the positive impact of these on the students can be clearly seen. However, do you know that this technology can also enhance these live lectures even after the pandemic? Well, if you were in doubt about how it happens, keep reading.
Impact of technology on live classes
- The teachers can make live classes entertaining because of technology — The live classes, if conducted just like the physical ones, can be very boring and monotonous. However, we all know that it is important to grab the student’s attention even during the online lectures. Technology has helped the teachers a lot in making their classes entertaining and interesting. The teachers can now use the artificial intelligence and 3D images and videos which make the students almost live the topics they are studying. Also, the various teaching tools like whiteboard, quizzes and puzzles have also encouraged students to take part in the lectures actively.
- The students find participating in the live classes easy because of technology— Submission of projects and presentations in the online classes were difficult earlier. But due to technological advancements, the students can use PPT and word files and other mediums which make their work easier and even their presentations interesting. This leads to more attention in the classrooms and even increases their scores at their examinations.
- Better cooperation amongst the students during the live classes— It is a myth that in the online classes the students don’t correlate and connect with each other. If the teachers are using technological advancements like group studies, classroom applications and creating further classes in the live lectures, it can be a great source to boost the correlation between the students during the live classes.
- Increase in the number of students attending the lectures — Since the concept of online lectures started the problem of less number of students attending the same was very significant. But due to technological advancements like the applications that make the classes entertaining and keeping a track of their attendance, there is also an increase in the number of students attending the lectures.
- Better remembrances of the concepts taught — Sometimes teaching in the live classes is easier but making that students remember those concepts for a longer time becomes difficult. But since the teachers now use the technological advances while teaching in the classes, it automatically helps the students to recollect the information even after months of it being taught in the classes. This is one of the biggest advantages of technological upgradation in the educational sector which the experts are trying to improve further for better learning process of the students.
So far, the educational experts agree that the technological advances have more positive impact on the live classes than the negative ones. Yes, it is going to improve further and we hope a better educational environment offline and online for the students because of this boon.
Do share your thoughts in comment section below.
© Ruchie Verma.
Disclaimer: The details mentioned in the post are true to author’s knowledge and for information purpose ONLY. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruchie Verma (WigglingPen) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.