Taking complete care of yourself is more important than ever when you’re pregnant as you’re no longer caring for one. With a neat little bundle of support, care and the right prenatal tablets, your pregnancy can be just as magical as your baby.
Here are some useful tips you should keep in mind to have a healthy pregnancy:
- Eat Healthy: During your pregnancy, you’re eating for two (or more) so needless to say, eating balanced meals is a must. Cravings aside, your diet must include colourful fruits and vegetables, folate-rich foods, whole grains, calcium-rich foods, fortified cereals, lentils, wheat germ, foods low in saturated fats, and such.
- Drink Lots of Water: Along with eating plenty of healthy food, you must also drink up to 8-10 glasses of water daily. This is because during this time, your blood volume increases up to 50% to properly supply the essential oxygen and nutrients to your baby. Water can also help prevent issues like constipation, UTIs, fatigue, etc.
- Take Daily Prenatal Supplements: Getting a healthy dose of nutrients like calcium, folic acid and iron is extremely important from the very start to ensure healthy growth of your baby. You can start taking vitamin tablets when pregrant. You can take prenatal tablets with your food for a comfortable experience. Also, you can easily buy prenatal tablets online on health stores like Kindly Health.
- Avoid Alcohol and Smoking: Using any sort of substances during pregnancy has been linked to birth complications and defects that you surely want to avoid. Make sure you stay away from tobacco, alcohol, drugs and even paint thinners or nail polish removers during your term.
- Rest Up: Getting proper rest and a good 8 hours of sleep every night is essential for your baby’s growth — not to mention, your own mental health. Make sure you get enough sleep and don’t be scared to indulge in afternoon naps if your body calls for it!
- Tip: Try sleeping on your left side for increased blood flow.
- Exercise Well: Staying active is as important as ever during pregnancy as it has many physical and mental health benefits. You can join prenatal exercise class or walk for 15-20 minutes daily to stay on your feet. Other activities like swimming, pilates, etc. are also healthy but make sure to consult with your doctor first.
- Take Steps to Reduce Stress: If the mother is happy, the baby’s happy so you should avoid stressful situations at all costs during pregnancy. Some easy steps like eating healthy, sleeping well, talking to loved ones, indulging in cravings (sometimes), etc. will ensure you are in a positive headspace.
- Stay Clear of Certain Foods: Foods high in mercury like certain types of fish should be avoided at this time. You should also stay clear of unpasteurized animal products, raw or rare meats, soft cheese, etc., as they cause food poisoning.
- Get Regular Checkups: Lastly, leaning on your prenatal healthcare provider’s support can do wonders for women during pregnancy. So, make sure you don’t miss your appointments!
With these simple tips, your pregnancy term will definitely be a memorable and happy period of your life. The key takeaways from these tips are:
- Get enough food, water and rest!
- Exercise is important.
- Don’t shy away from prenatal tablets for pregnancy.
- Be mindful of what you eat.
- Stay in touch with your doctor!
You can buy prenatal tablets online on health stores like Kindly Health.
Copyright: © Ruchi Verma
Disclaimer – This article is an advisory piece. Before you manipulate your diet habit and health-related changes kindly consult a medical practitioner or nutritionist.