There are two genres I really like in movies, Biopics, and Action. I recently talked, bout one incredible biopic PADMAN. So, it would be fair to talk about my other favorite genre – action. But the catch with action movies nowadays is that many of them look fake. But then, there is still hope as some incredible actors still choose to perform their own stunts in movies. This article is about them.
Actors Who Choose To Do Real Action
I am so inspired by the dedication and hard work that some actors of Bollywood put in for their action movies. Attempting risky stunts without body doubles for our entertainment is a brave choice and I respect them for that.
So, here are some of my favorite action heroes who dare to perform all action scenes and stunts by themselves without using a body double.
- Vidyut Jammwal has been practicing Kalaripayattu since the age of three and also follows many other martial arts. That explains his flair for action sequences and to keep our hearts racing in awe of his awesome stunt work in movies like Commando and its sequel Commando 2.
- Ajay Devgan: I am 90’s child and feel so blessed to have witnessed the rise of Ajay Devgan as an action star through the years. I still remember how he performed a split while balancing himself on two bikes in his introduction scene in Phool Aur Kaante. Since then, he has shown no signs of slowing down in terms of action-packed films. Films like Singham and Shivaay are proof of that.
- John Abraham: From being a supermodel to becoming the Bollywood actor who is known for his on-screen machismo, John is a treat to watch on-screen. He has pulled off awe-inducing bike stunts in Dhoom and displayed his efficiency with hand to hand combat in Force 2. These stunts have resulted in quite a few injuries but he refuses to slow down.
- Akshay Kumar: He is the guy who inspired the current generation of actors to do their own stunts. His incredible stunt work in the Khiladi series still manages to leave me on the edge of my seat. He truly deserves the title of Jackie Chan of India.
- Tiger Shroff: Taking this legacy forward, Tiger Shroff has made a solid mark in the action genre. His smooth backflips and crisp kicks in Heropanti and Baaghi 2 won the hearts of people, across the globe. His dedication to exploring better stunts and action sequences puts him on the level of any international action star.
Which is your fav action hero? Do let me know in comment section below.
This week I intend to explore more such action movies where the actors did their own stunts. With this list, I would recommend you to update your watchlist too. While there are many platforms where we can watch movies online nowadays, I prefer sticking to one platform – ZEE5. It has an incredible collection of action movies that are worth a watch.
So, enjoy these action-packed movies till we come back with more such interesting blogs.
Disclaimer: The details mentioned in the post are true to the author’s knowledge and for information purpose ONLY.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruchie Verma (WigglingPen) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
996 total views, 3 views today