ATVs are built to last, but there comes a point when your ATV constantly needs repair and you are faced with a conundrum – get it fixed or replace it with a new one? As an ATV enthusiast, you want to get the most out of your vehicle for as many years as possible and while you can make some repairs, sometimes your quad bike has reached its sell-by date. If you aren’t sure whether to repair or replace the ATV, we’ve thought of a few important points to consider.
When To Repair An ATV
- Price Of The Project – If your quad bike is getting on in years and it needs repair work that will cost a lot of money, you might change it for a new model. There is no point in putting a lot of cash into an old ATV that will probably run into problems soon after you’ve fixed it. In contrast, if the repairs won’t cost a lot and it is something simple, there is no point in investing in a new quad.
- DIY Fix – Did you know that Quadbikes R Us has Yamaha ATV parts UK riders go for that don’t need to be shipped in from another country? When your ATV issue is something that can easily be fixed by replacing a component on the bike, don’t bother replacing it for a new model. You’ll save yourself a lot of money if you order parts and repair the damage yourself.
- Customisation – When you repair the ATV, you have the opportunity to customise it with a better functioning part. It gives you a reason to make the upgrade you always wanted to make.
When To Replace An ATV
- Big Problems – When you’re faced with a big problem such as an engine or transmission replacement, consider the cost and think about an upgrade. There is no point in putting more money into a quad bike than it is worth. When you factor in the cost of repairs and parts, upgrading to the latest model is a more sensible option.
- Major Damage – Although you can replace an engine or transmission at a cost, some things are never worth fixing. If the ATV is a write-off and the frame is severely distorted, you put yourself and others at risk when you drive. If it has affected other systems, say goodbye, and look for a new model.
- New Model – Sometimes there isn’t much wrong with your old model, you just want something more modern. If you come across the latest quad bike that has all the features you want, there is no harm in buying it. Every rider wants to drive the newest ATV on the market, so if you can afford it, go right ahead.
If you’re running into the same issue all the time or your quad seems to constantly need repair, consider investing in a new model. Although they are highly durable, ATVs only last for a certain number of years. They get old like anything else and new models come along with all the latest tech and features.
Also Read: Discover The Best Places For Your Kids To Ride Their ATVs
© Ruchie Verma. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
4,292 total views, 1 views today
Wow this is something completely new to me. We have always gone buggy riding to estates and stuff but never owned one so never bothered to check on the maintenance and stuff… Good post and informative too.
Wow this is really great. Quad bike R us looking like a perfect solution for doing a DIY repair of ATVs. Thanks for sharing this useful info. This was something I totally unaware about it.
Thanks for sharing such a helpful post. My nephew has a quadrabike which broke down last month and this post popped up right in time. I will share this post with my brother right away.
sometimes money that we spend on repairs gets more than the cost of the new vehicle. In such case, it is always a better idea to get a new one. Not just it saves unnecessary expenses but also the life of the vehicle also increases.
I had no idea that repairs might cost much more. I’m gona share this blog with my friend. Nice share and definitely going to help many.
This was pretty interesting to read, I am sure it is going to be helpful for a lot of people out there. It is pretty informative, will be sharing it for sure.
Repair and maintenance of things which get old does cost a lot of money and it’s always better to replace than to repair. This was something interesting that I read today about quad bikes.
We have only used quad bikes once or twice during some adventure sports. And I have always wondered how the owners of these quad bikes maintain them in such good condition. Thanks for sharing this information, quite interesting.
this is such an interesting read. Looks like repairing them is a costly affair. I will share this with my friends.
That’s very helpful guide about replacing and repairing an ATV. Never know that repairing cost much more.
That’s very helpful guide about replacing and repairing an ATV. Never know that repairing cost much more. Thanks for sharing