Raise your hands if you love wearing ethnic dresses, irrespective of the occasion. Indian wear is the perfect choice of clothing if you want to deck up from top to bottom. It is the Indian wear that gives us ladies a chance to accessorize to the fullest.
Most of you would wear the kind of ethnic dresses that suit your style. But you’re missing out on many styles by sticking to just a few. So if you want to know what’s hot in the world of Indian wear, let us share a quick guide with you.
Give your desi side a modern twist by styling yourself in these fantastic ethnic dresses, which are available on Myntra.
- Anarkalis: Anarkalis look elegant and have become a must-have in every woman’s wardrobe. This is a staple Indian dress of every woman. If you love flared dresses, anarkalis should be your clothing choice. If you want to give your look a modern touch, you can let go of the churidar and the dupatta and wear the Anarkali as a dress. Heels will add inches to your frame and give you a stunning look for your day out.
- Kurtas with dhoti pants: Dhotis have been a current trending piece of clothing which have always remained timeless. Dhotis are worn by women and men even today, albeit in different ways. Since wearing salwars is old school, you can casually replace them with modern dhoti pants. Your short kurti can be paired with matching dhoti pants and mojaris to complete your ethnic look. If you want to sport a more playful look, you can even opt for a short Anarkali kurta and wear it with matching, bright dhoti pants.
- Kurti with jeans: Being a modern woman doesn’t mean donning only stylish clothes. You can bring a fusion to your look by pairing your ethnic and contemporary wear. If you’re wondering how to club these two, take your kurti and jeans. A short kurti or a tunic will look pretty paired with your skinny jeans. You can tweak your look by opting for distressed denim or even shorts. Bell bottom jeans are trending again, so why not pair your short kurti with one of them?
- A double-layered kurta: If layering your look is your thing, take this style up by a notch. You can wear a solid sleeveless bright-colored kurta and layer it with a color-matching jacket with tie-up detailing on the front. Pair this look with matching leggings and flats.
- A cape kurta: Dupattas are old school now. Upgrade your ethnic style by donning a kurta with a cape. In this style, a cape is an exaggerated form of a dupatta that will give you a newfound look. This look is perfect for cocktail parties and can be carried off royally with minimal jewelry.
These are the best ethnic dresses that you can style yourself in today.
© Ruchi Verma
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruchie Verma (WigglingPen) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
5,081 total views, 2 views today