Uttar Pradesh is famous for mouth-watering dishes and if your roots are from nawabo ka sehar- Lucknow, you can imagine how crazy you could be for food. Winters and food are a perfect combo for any North Indians. Recently I shared my top 5 winter food list and among which one was Nimona.
Nimona can be made from green peas(Matar), Hara Chana(which you get easily in winters everywhere in UP), Black chana(option when both these are not available in another season). We usually prefer to cook with green peas and I am going to share here nimona recipe without onion. Many prefer onion which I don’t like too much.
I am going to share my recipe with simple ingredients of nimona.
For 6 people
1. Green Peas (Matar) – 1 kg
2. Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
3. Garlic- 20 (this also you can skip if you wish)
4. Bari – 2 to 3 (Spicy bari which is easily available in any Grocery Store)
5. Large Cardamom – 2
6. Black pepper- 7-8
7. 2 Potatoes- Diced
8. Turmeric powder, Red chili powder and Salt
This recipe can serve 5-6 people.
1. Take peas, garlic, Large Cardamom, and black pepper, grind together and make a paste .
2. Fry diced potatoes and bari in mustard oil till they turn golden brown and keep them aside
3. In the same pan put all grinded peas along with Salt(according to taste), Turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala.
4. Let it get half fried to add fried potatoes and bari and cook till it leaves oil covered on low flame.
5. Add water for gravy and let it get boil for more 10 minutes.
6. Once done serve hot with steamed rice, chappati, and salad.
This is one of the fav and easy recipes you can cook for your family. Do make it and share your experience.
© Ruchie Verma.
Disclaimer: Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruchie Verma (WigglingPen) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
2,118 total views, 5 views today