You are definitely no more unperceived about the fact that every 9 out of 10 people have protein deficiency which is fostering many diseases. For Mommies worrying about protein-rich diet for their family, here we are with easy and best protein enriched solution – SOY based PROTEIN. Want to know more about its efficacy? Let’s delineate pointwise in details.
Health Halo of Soy-based food
Soy, the high-quality plant protein, is a complete source of protein. Not just that, Soy Protein supports both vegan and non-vegans to supplement protein deficiency. Dear Non-vegetarians, it is stunning enough that your animal protein based diet has 65% of essential protein deficiency. And Vegans, your food habit has 84% protein deficiency.
Nutrition director of the Good Housekeeping Institute, Ms. Jaclyn London says “Soy-based foods are some of the best foods you can eat on the planet.” She also precisely states that “Soybeans provide a plant-based protein source; a slew of vitamins and minerals crucial for reducing the risk of chronic disease; and fiber that helps you fill up and feel satisfied.”
Soy is a plant-based protein which has all 9 essential Amino Acids required for growth and development of muscles. An Indian adult with average 50-60 kg body weight and doing regular office job without any exercise routine is supposed to consume daily 60gm of protein. This requirement can’t be fulfilled by the intake of milk, egg, vegetables, fruits or meat.
If we think of protein supplement food yet that has a percentage of carbohydrate and fat which is not mandatory to consume with protein. Our general food habit generally inclines towards Carb food and fat like rice, chapatti, ghee, oil, junk food etc. So soya based protein is a must intake which she focuses for her family and patients too.
Role of Soy Protein in health management
According to Wikipedia and Statista, Soy-based protein scores 1 in PDCAAS which is proactive. It is a score to measure the quality of protein. Protein Digestibility-Corrected Amino Acid Score defines the benefit of Soy Protein in our food which can keep us healthy and strong.
Plant-based soy protein is comparable with an animal rich protein sources like meat, egg white, and milk. Replace your daily flour with Soya Flour. Or use Tofu or Soybean in your daily diet to do a bang job in your nutrition. We take a tour of different body parts and its growth and health by consuming Soy.
- Food values – Apart from 9 essential Amino Acid it has Vitamin B, Magnesium, fiber and potassium. And its ethnicity lies into the act that according to metabolism each ethnic body part uses it in own way. It is good for lactose intolerant individuals.
- Heart Disease – Food And Drug Administration on 1999 and American Heart Association published on 2000 stated that consuming 50gms of Soy Protein lowers 3% LDL or bad cholesterol which is otherwise present in protein-based animal diet or other protein sources. This effectively can reduce heart diseases. It has low saturated fat which is again beneficial in every aspect. It is less allergic compared to meat and milk. So individual of any age and sex can have it. Being good for blood vessels it ensures a good blood flow through artery and vein thus ensuring a healthy.
- Muscle Growth & Healthy bones – Muscles need to be strong to have a well-built structure and body fitness. The mass of muscle is very important to maintain healthy bones.
Benefits of Soy Protein prevents Osteoporosis. Prevents muscle cramps, stiffness, and joint pain. It reduces high blood pressure level. For toddlers or growing child, it fosters growth and development. It makes the mass of muscle hence complements bodybuilders and athletes with strength and power.
- Weight Management – Firstly it is protein based with no CARB and Fat. With no cholesterol, no fat it is an ideal nutrient for health management. Moreover, it keeps you full for long duration and does not let you crave for junk food. It maintains a good appetite and does not let muscle lean during illness or weight loss. From childhood to old age it keeps maintaining healthy bones, muscle, body.
- Benefit on Skin – As it is rich in phytoestrogens so helps to maintain a glowing lushy It reduces fine lines and wrinkles which is a sign of aging. And also prevents discoloration of the skin. Antioxidants present in it promote glowing skin. It also brightens the complexion.
it maintains good blood flow and strengthens muscles so facial and body skin is highly benefited by its intake. In fact, it all enhances hair growth and maintain a silky hair with bounce. Hair fall, split ends, dull hair and all sort of problems get addressed by soy-based food.
- Maintain good mental health – Soya Protein has peptides which influence the immune system and also emotions related to hormones. Hence according to Sino-Japanese study, it boosts the functioning of the brain. It is good for mental health, especially in old age. For a lot of nutrient value, it positively supports growth, development and maintains a healthy body and mind.
Mommys’ worry out with Soya nutrients
Mommies are now multitasking, managing office, home and healthy food habit of children and family. And nothing frustrates her more than when she finds that her family is lacking nutrition and thus developing diseases. For growing children and toddlers each food should be given enriched with all nutrients value in the right capacity to get a healthy and strong future.
Old parents need to be taken care off so that their age-related impairments keep in control. Also, the middle age needs certain care to keep healthy and active. Soya based food like Tofu, flour, milk and lot more can endorse this supplements. Protein being the building block of the body is a must need factor in food. Be vegan or non-veg intake of a right balanced food is difficult indeed. Milk, vegetables, meat, egg, whole grain pulses are a good source. Yet taking Soya food can accomplish your worries and can take proper care of your family’s health.
© Ruchi Verma
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruchie Verma (WigglingPen) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Disclaimer – This article is an advisory piece. Before you manipulate your diet habit kindly consult a medical practitioner or nutritionist. Soya Protein is definitely good for health and contains essential nutrients. Right intake can benefit individual growth and development. But anybody under medication should take Doctor’s advice before taking such protein as it alters molecular biology while doing metabolism.
1,282 total views, 8 views today