Empathy Learning- Importance and affectsOctober 7, 2020
We have just seen how many trends in the education system have been changed during this pandemic. The way of learning, the way of teaching, and above all our entire new education policy of 2020. Let’s take a step further to understand what is really important to teach kids in the current scenario. Nothing is more important than starting with EMPATHY LEARNING.
What is Empathy learning?
Well, to understand what the other person feeling or the ability to put yourself in someone else’s place is called Empathy.
Developing this sense of empathy at a younger age is one of the important development processes for young kids so that they grow up as responsible adults.
Importance/Affects of Empathy Learning.
Teaching kids this learning process will add up so much value which will help them in the future:
1. It will definitely help them have good mental health.
2. Build up strong relationships with friends, classmates, and teachers.
3. They will learn social harmony and can reduce the thoughts of bullying.
4. They learn tolerance and accept others.
5. Learn how to deal with conflicts and lower level the stress.
6. They will be having great leadership qualities.
Types of Empathy
Empathy means being compassionate, connecting with the people you love, care, and stay with. Three types of Empathy are there:
1. Cognitive Empathy:
Daniel Goleman, renowned psychologist and author of the 1995 book Emotional Intelligence mentioned “Simply knowing how the other person feels and what they might be thinking. Sometimes called perspective-taking”.
It helps you to understand the other person, motivate them, understanding diverse viewpoints. It helps a lot in negotiations too.
2. Emotional Empathy:
As its name says involves directly with the feeling and emotions that another person is feeling. It’s so important to understand the emotional quotient of the other person and support them.
This really means that we can readily understand and feel other people’s emotions. Even if they are distressed we can respond to them.
3. Compassionate Empathy:
“With this kind of empathy, we not only understand a person’s predicament and feel with them but are spontaneously moved to help, if needed.” ~Daniel Goleman
Yes, we feel the other person’s pain, as if it happening to ourselves. But, at the same time, we can control our emotions and hence can give and make better decisions.
How to cultivate Empathy Learning?
Empathy prepares kids to be leaders of tomorrow and leaders must understand and feel the emotions of the people and able to show that they care.
Make sure you teach and cultivate this empathy learning in three simple ways to your child.
1. Let them care for animals and plants, this way they will understand in a simple way helping other living things to survive and be happy.
2. Practice role play, it’s important to live the life of another person, a teacher, or taking up responsibility for a day of siblings.
3. Very important is to understand your own feeling. Talk to your child and ask about their feelings and share with you, this is the very first step to understanding others.
Are you giving EMPATHY LEARNING to your child?
I am taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.
© Ruchie Verma. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
1,217 total views, 1 views today