Travel, visiting new places, tick marks on their long-awaited bucket list. Yes, this age of senior citizens is the age of relaxation and fulfilling their those dreams which they somewhere left behind their responsibilities.
There are many senior citizens travel tours and insurance easily available. Don’t let your dream wait. If you are planning to get travel insurance for your parents always cross-check a few factors.
Read more about Financial investments for elders
Factors to be considered for Senior Citizen’s Travel Insurance
Coverage Offered: Medical Coverage which is the topmost priority for the policy, even check for baggage coverage as there should not be any problem with their baggage and check if they cover accommodation and delay/cancelation.
Flexibility: Your insurance plan should be flexible and allow you to plan or make changes according to your wish before the journey begins or later.
Plan Type: Choose your plan according to your need. Choose which suits your travel plan either domestic or overseas.
Premium: Don’t go for the policy whose premium is not affordable. It should be in your pocket and commensurate with coverage benefits. The best way is to compare the premium charge against the coverage offered.
These are some basic things which need to be considered before getting any plan.
7 Destination in Indian to gift Senior Citizens
1.Chota Char Dham: It is consists of four holy sites Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. Best time to travel April/May to October/November
2.Rameshwaram: Place where the Hanuman and army of Lord Rama built a bridge of floating stones to reach Sri Lanka popularly known as Ram Setu.
Ramanathaswamy Temple is beautifully constructed and has beautiful architecture. Best time to visit between October to February.
3. Haridwar: Ganga Arti of Haridwar is one of my dreams also to witness with another beautiful aura of this city. It’s said the best time to be here is from October to February.
Apart from these holy places if your parents love adventure, go for camping you can also gift the following few destinations in India.
4. Jim Corbett National Park: Exploring wildlife safari with binoculars, wow! This would be more fun for adventure couple. Must gift the forest houses for accommodation. This park opens from November to June but the best time to visit between November to February.
5. Sundarbans: Between October to January you can gift them best camping tour to Sundarbans which is UNESCO World Heritage Site with waterways and wildlife. They can get sights of Royal Bengal Tiger, dolphins, crocodile, turtles, wild boars, spotted deer and more wild species.
To gift them nature’s own destination with scenic beauty some of the places created by God only for these loved ones.
6. Shillong: The gorgeous waterfalls, beautiful lakes, and striking gardens makes this place worth to visit. With always pleasant weather this place is best to visit during March – June, and October to February.
7. Andaman Islands: With white sands, coastline covered by palm trees and blue water this place is pure paradise. If you love seafood this is the place. Apart from sea activities they can explore Island..Wow!! perfect place to gift them. Gift this tour between November to March.
Which place you are planning to gift your elders this time to make them relax and enjoy their second honeymoon?
I am taking my Alexa Rank to the next level with Blogchatter #MyFriendAlexa
Current Status of Alexa Rank:
India Rank: 10,860
© Ruchie Verma. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Disclaimer – This article is an informative piece.
2,058 total views, 1 views today
With good coverage and easy accessibility the travel can bring lifetime of memories for senior citizens.
These are some really thoughtful tips and wonderful destinations, ideal for senior citizens. When people are free of responsibilities and have enough zest and health, they must definitely take up traveling!
Old Age is like childhood. One must revive and cherish memories during these trips especially senior citizens as they spend their lives for their kids and grandsons 🙂
Hi Ruchie, that’s such a relevant piece you have written. Senior Citizens are definitely one of the most neglected class in our country, be it in terms of healthcare or recreation. The post is very informative and i wasn’t aware till the time i read your post that we have travel gift cards available for senior citizens. Thanks for the post 🙂
Indeed senior citizens form an important percentage of tourists today and you have aptly put together the key points to be kept in mind when they travel.
This is actually a very good list. I had not considered them honestly for senior citizens but i get how it can be done.
All the places you have mentioned are fantastic. I am 53, so not yet a senior citizen. But I would surely like to visit Jim Corbett national park someday.
Absolutely liked the choices of places picked up by you. I would add a few beaches too here 🙂
Andaman I have heard can be pretty adventurous and unpredictable .The others will definitly be enjoyable for seniors !
You have enlisted some nice places where senior citizens can enjoy in budget…
India has many great places to go with family. I must say these are absolute gems!
All the places in the post has their own magic, shall take it one at a year and complete the list.
Accha n useful subject hai, insurance plan ki acchi information di, thanks a lot.
Jab destination dekha to yehi laga ki senior citizens k liye sirf tirthayatra n national parks hi kyu, per aagey dekha to bahut acche options hain.
Thanks for covers everything