Amidst the current scenario, parents are spending more time at home and this automatically equates to spending more time with their children. This is now helping a great deal, particularly with enlivening kids’ activities at home and also taking part in other online hobby classes together and a lot more! Both parents and children are automatically benefiting from each others’ enhanced presence at home in the present situation.
Here are some of the ways that it is helping:
- Parents spending more time with children is automatically helping in enhancing the self-esteem of children. They are more inclined now towards taking part in various activities and other fun activities for kids that they were not earlier. Children are feeling more valued and loved by their parents, creating a sense of self-worth and accomplishment. Being together is now stimulating kids to experiment and pursue various activities this season at platforms like Yellow Class for instance. This directly results from parents being home almost all the time!
- This is helping in building familial relationships and bonds better. Families sharing daily activities are forming better emotional connections. Families enjoying group activities are witnessing stronger emotional bonds between children and their parents. They are adapting well together to various scenarios.
- Positive behavioral traits are being developed in children since they are now spending more time with their parents. Children who spend more time with their parents are more likely to abstain from risky behavioral traits. Children who dine frequently with their parents will also have enhanced dietary intake compared to those who do not eat frequently with members of the family.
- This also encourages better and more communication between children and adults. Children feel that they can now open up and talk to parents about their lives and emotions.
- The academic performance of children receives a direct boost from parents spending more time with them. Spending time together on lessons or reading or extracurricular sessions, for instance, will help in building an environment conducive to academic and creative progress alike.
- Parents who spend more time with their kids automatically end up teaching them the value of wonderful friendship. Children learn from example. If you are spending more quality time together at home, then children will adopt these behavioral instincts and habits towards others in their lives down the line. Playing games together, communicating, laughing, interacting, and eating will teach them how to share, care and be kind.
- Children learn how to resolve conflicts and adapt to each other’s needs including those of family members. They learn you cannot walk away from immediate problems and instead, learn the value of working together to resolve issues. Interpersonal communication skills are greatly integrated into their minds as a result of spending more time with their parents.
- Children also benefit from lower stress since they can confide more in parents and elders at home itself. They do not have to worry about parents finding time for them or availability issues. If parents build a habit of communicating each day with their children, it will work magically towards relieving the stress levels of kids while making them happier overall.
This should be reason enough for you to spend as much time as possible with your little one indoors! The intangible benefits are worth a lot in the long run.
‘This post is part of Blogchatter’s Blogchatter Half Marathon.’
© Ruchie Verma.
Copyright Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
1,731 total views, 2 views today