We are almost halfway through and discussed many career options, from gynecologists to event management. There are various options in the medical field of psychiatrist, and many others. Let’s discuss some new career options in this article.
It is important to note that the duration and eligibility of a particular course may vary from university to university or college to college.
Mental health is the biggest concern, and if you have empathy and the one who can listen to people’s talks and make them calm this is the best career option. A psychiatrist is one who is specialized in mental treatment.
Now, there is a difference between psychologists and psychiatrists which needs to be understood and very important.
Psychiatrist are licensed to prescribe medication and on the other hand, and psychologists can only help you through counseling.
Types of a Psychiatrist
- Geriatric Psychiatry: Also known as geropsychiatry, a person specialized as a psychiatrist of old age.
- Psychosomatic Medicine: Mental illness not only affect mental health but also physical health, It aims at finding relations between the patient’s social, psychological, as well as behavioral factors.
- Forensic Psychiatry: This branch deals with criminology. The career required treating criminals who are in prison.
- Addiction Psychiatry: They deal with a patient who is dealing with any sort of addiction which may be more than one in number is evaluated, diagnosed, and then treated.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: They evaluate, diagnose as well as carry out treatments for kids in order to help them cope with mental illness. They deal with a number of problems like anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and several other problems.
- Clinical Psychologist: Any existing or potential problems may be identified by the psychologist through observations, interviews, and tests. Instead, along with the customer, he or she devises a rehabilitation plan according to the client’s needs.
- A candidate must pass 12th grade in the Science stream, with Biology as one of the compulsory subjects.
- After that, a student must earn an MBBS degree.
- Once the MBBS degree is completed, they will have to enroll in the Psychiatry MD Programme or a Diploma in Psychiatric Medicines program.
Doctor of Medicine (MD) is a three-year program, whereas Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine is a two-year program.
The skill set requires for being a Psychiatric
- Stress Tolerance
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Detail oriented
- Management Skills
If you have speaking skills. convincing power and can work under tough situation this field perfectly belong to you. As a PR, your profile is to serve campaigns for different brands, companies, institutes, businesses, governments, and others and help them to build up a relationship with common people and the public.
- Students need to complete their Class XII board exams with at least 50% aggregate in any stream and can pursue graduation in Mass Communication.
- You can also choose to pursue an undergraduate degree in any other subject like English, Journalism, Economics, Mass Communication or even Engineering from a recognized university with at least 60% aggregate.
- After completion of graduation, pursue a master’s degree in Mass Communication.
- PG Diploma in Public Relations or Mass Communication & Journalism.
Courses In PR
- MA in Journalism & Mass communication
- BSc in Mass Communication & Videography.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication and Public Relations (MCP).
- BA in Media and Communication.
- MA in Media and Communication.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations & Corporate Communications. and many other courses
Other Career options
- Police Services
- Plastic Surgery
- Petroleum Engineering
- Prosthetics and Orthotics and More
- Purchase Management
If you want to share more about any other career option please drop me your suggestions in the comment box below.
This post is part of #BlogchatterA2Z challenge
© Ruchie Verma.
Disclaimer: The details mentioned in the post are true to the author’s knowledge and for information purposes ONLY. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
988 total views, 2 views today