PVC And CPVC Pipes need to be considered the best when it comes to plumbing work at home or office. If you are going to invest in a home, plumbing work needs to be done with the most care. It’s always good to invest in good pipes and the PVC and CPVC pipes are the best for plumbing from drinking water transportation to advanced drainage solutions.
It holds great properties like environmental performance, recyclability, cost-effectiveness, and above all safety.
WHAT Are PVC AND CPVC Pipes?
Both PVC and CPVC pipes have advantages of relative costs, ease of installation, and versatility and so the demand depends on the common use of the application.
There are basically two main molding methods used:
- Extrusion: The raw material is gradually melted through the mechanical energy of a turning screw and by heaters along the barrel. It is then formed into a continuous profile and cooled to harden.
- Injection Molding: The resin is fed into a heated barrel, injected from that entry point through the mold tool, and then cooled to harden.
The main difference between PVC and CPVC pipes is the range of temperatures each is capable of withstanding.
CPVC pipes and fittings exhibit superior resistance to pressure and heat. It differs from PVC approximately 40% of the bonding sites on the backbone are filled with Chlorine atoms. In PVC 25% is occupied by chlorine atoms of bonding sites on the carbon backbone and the remaining area is filled with hydrogen.
The chlorine content of base PVC can be increased to as high as 74 mass percent, though commercial CPVC resins have 63 to 69 mass percent chlorine.
Both in PVC and CPVC Chemical Resistance is a clear benefit or an advantage. The service life is often years or decades longer due to inherent to most acids, bases, and salts, as well as aliphatic hydrocarbons.
How PVC and CPVC pipes are helpful?
Both are good to go as per the requirements, sharing a few facts for better understanding and selection:
- Both have been deemed safe for potable water transport i.e bathing, cooking, and drinking.
- Both are easy to install
- Better than copper pipes as they have inherent insulation that reduces condensation formation on the pipes and maintains both cold and hot water temperature.
- Both have a long, useful performance life
Why Ori-Plast Pipes Are Recommended?
With over 50 years Ori-Plast is not only fulfilling its promise of providing superior quality and complete piping solutions but also living up to its vision of “Life Lines…not just Pipe Lines”.
Oriplast PVC pipes and fittings with the latest innovations in irrigation, plumbing, and sewerage plumbing technologies serving and achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
With the most reasonable price, you will get best-in-class pipes and fitting for your home, offices, and everywhere.
Ori-Plast is ISO 9001:2015 certified. They offer PVC and CPVC pipes that are:
- Stronger: CPVC is stronger and flexible, so no worries about weather-changing conditions, and easy to get installed.
- Easy to use: Due to the flexibility it allows easy bending and twisting without getting cracks.
- Environment Friendly: As it has a long life span, it does not require replacements, and recycling PVC and CPVC is less energy-intensive.
- Good for water safety: Good for domestic, office, and even irrigation use.
- Value for money: As its long life characteristic, easy installation and reliability best value for money.
PVC, as well as CPVC, works well for water, gas, and drainage systems. Due to the temperature threshold generally recommended by plumbers PVC for cold water lines and CPVC for hot water lines. As per your requirement do check with the experts and always try to choose the best quality PVC and CPVC pipes and fittings for your home and other workplaces.
Also Read: Solar Panel Costs
© Ruchi Verma
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruchie Verma (WigglingPen) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
4,120 total views, 1 views today