Life is beautiful and proves that it brings all new and amazing experiences every day. From the day a new baby born into a family till some elder senior citizen takes peaceful sleep from life.
We all talk much about our kids, life, fashion, and health but I want to bring out some facts we forget in a busy schedule. Life will also bring us the one-day same situation and wonderful age which we call old age or senior citizen age.
Senior Citizens – Time to relive the moments
I read somewhere that Old age is called as second childhood and yes, I found this true many times. We encounter some good kids and some very arrogant kids and so when their second childhood returns they behave same.
When age turned 60 or 60+ their body, mind, and soul need rest and they need to get more care, love, and support from their kids and family. At the time I think how much it is important to learn the value of them and understand what exactly they feel.
Being a social buzzer and very active among my friends I feel when I will hit that age and walk on that path of life, how much it will change and affect the family and my living style.
What these Senior Citizens look for?
Have you ever gone through what mindset they go through…
I have a friend she is living with her mom and mother in law both together, giving them equal support, love and care what both ladies deserve. I feel extremely happy to see this. When a girl, daughter, and daughter in law understand the value of them, there will be no old age homes. Now, this is another point of debate about why I am pointing out girl.
Yes, I am pointing out the girl as when she is known as “Ghar Ki Lakshmi” she proudly accepts that title and so, this is her responsibility also to take care of most precious treasure of that home. Now, this is only done when a boy, son, and son in law join hands and support her with the same.
Some points we all should adapt to understand and give to our senior citizens:
- They need respect: Yes, as we all look for respect from society, family and loved ones. They also have equal right to get respect and treated respectfully.
- Let them relive their childhood: Yes, every senior citizen enjoy more with their grandchildren and yes, they play an important role in grooming them. Check out more out here.
- Let them relax: Remember that time when they worked hard to give you all luxury of life and fulfilling your dreams giving up their time and health. Now, it’s time to repay just give them their time and let them relax without any tension.
- Care for them: I still get in tears when listening song from Raazi ” Ungli pakad ke tune” and so relate to that song. Time is giving me back an opportunity to hold their hands and teach them new technology and care for them as they did for me.
- Give them their time: Yes, they might have some group of friends with whom they feel young again …why not giving little time to them? Host a party, call their friends and let them enjoy as they want.
- Ask help: They will be happier if you walk to them and ask any sort of help, advice or guidance.
Life is too short to a crip, argue and disrespect. What is valuable we should treasure that and accept that with whole heartily.
Govt of India also have so many benefits for our beloved senior citizens which they can avail and enjoy life to fullest. We as their kids and family members should be aware of such benefits if not…
These are a few links which will surely help you to know more about their rights and benefits to make their life easier.
© Ruchie Verma.
Disclaimer: The details mentioned in the post are true to author’s knowledge and for information purpose ONLY. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruchie Verma (WigglingPen) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
8,644 total views, 3 views today