My daughter came from school and was happy as she was selected to speak a “Thought of a day” she jumped and told me
“Mumma I have to speak Thought of a day tomorrow and teacher said you have to be well prepared and if you don’t find you can search one from GOOGLE”
I was like ok my 7 year old little baby is so excited even I thought yes go search yourself and tell me which thought of a day you selected and I will make sure you prepare it well ….
She was on iPad looking in Google trying to search and I saw some unwanted things are popping up which as a parent I really don’t want my kid to look up….
Little spelling mistake take them to different sites….
I was not sure what to do as now a days more than half of the studies are really based on Internet search …….be it project or assignment or anything
But then while looking into all these I got to know about
Kiddle is a kid safe visual search engine from goggle
How is Kiddle designed specifically for kids?
1. Safe search : Sites appearing in Kiddle search results satisfy family friendly requirements, as it filter sites with explicit or deceptive content.
2. Kids oriented results : Safe sites and pages written specifically for kids. Handpicked and checked by Kiddle editors.
Safe, trusted sites that are not written specifically for kids, but have content written in a simple way, easy for kids to understand. Handpicked and checked by Kiddle editors.
Safe, famous sites that are written for adults, providing expert content, but are harder for kids to understand. Filtered by Google safe search.
3. Big thumbnails: most Kiddle search results are illustrated with big thumbnails, which makes it easier to scan the results, differentiate between them, and click the most appropriate results to your query. Thumbnails serve as visual clues and are especially beneficial to kids as they don’t read as fast as adults.
4. Large Arial font in Kiddle search results provides better readability for kids.
5. Privacy: it don’t collect any personally identifiable information, and logs are deleted every 24 hours.
In case you find any inappropriate site coming in result you can drop a message on KIDDLE
Even in case of inappropriate words which should be explicated.
and if your kiddo try to find out meaning of say “Nasty ” it will not give you any result as it has been explicited by Kiddle
I am quite relaxed that my kid is not going to find out something which she should not at her age.
You can easily search happily with your kid on www.kiddle.co
4,657 total views, 3 views today