Happy Homes -Monsoon tips
Rainy season my favorite season for which I used to wait anxiously, greenery, waterfall, colourful umbrellas on streets, kids playing in puddles and what not …It brings happiness all around.
But wait before rain hits, are you ready with every precaution for your home as …family safety & security is always a first priority for everyone!!
HOW TO KEEP YOUR HOME HAPPY & HEALTHY THIS MONSOON
Some tips to give your home a big ? SMILE ? this Monsoon :
- Sometimes it is too late to prevent the damage and you end up with damp walls. In such cases, find the cracks and crevices from which the water seeps through. Check cracks around windows and doors that might let water seep inside.
- Make sure that sewer traps are plugged with check valves – these direct water in one direction only and prevent it from backing up into your home.
The absence of a proper drainage system can also lead to dampness in walls. Leaky pipes and water tanks can result in moisture accumulation in interior walls forming dark patches. If faced with such occurrences, check for the leaks and its source.
- Check all electric wiring to be safe even any open wiring could be an open invitation to danger.
- Make sure you have a flashlight, batteries and a first aid kit on hand in case you are ever stranded in your home.
- Keep important documents – including insurance policies, birth certificates and passports – in an easily accessible waterproof box so that they would be safe in the event of a flood.
Thanks for reading ? your valuable comment means a lot!!! Do share your comments below!!! ??
1,449 total views, 2 views today