As we mentioned in our last post about digital marketing as one of the most booming career options, event management is also run along the same lines. There are various courses for a different streams of students, all need to understand your interest and your potential to achieve that career.
It is important to note that the duration and eligibility of a particular course may vary from university to university or college to college.
Event management comes under the mass communication and hospitality category. There are certificate courses, undergraduate courses, and postgraduate courses available. A career in this field covers the conceptualization, planning, and execution of an event.
The undergraduate course is of 3 years and the postgraduate is of 2 years.
Why choose an event management course?
- It improves management strategies.
- You can enhance your creativity and blend yourself as a commercial and management expert.
- You will get a chance to participate in real-world activities.
- Your communication skill can help the most to walk the path of success in this career.
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|Event Management Certifications||Student must have studied their 10+2 in any stream (Arts, Commerce, or Science) from a recognized board of education.|
|Diploma in Event Management||Passed from 10+2 from a recognized educational board with a minimum aggregate score of 55% marks.|
|BA/BBA/BMS in Event Management||Student must hold a 12th mark sheet with a minimum of 50% to 55% marks from a recognized board|
|MA/MBA in Event Management||A graduation degree in an equivalent or related discipline with a minimum score of 60% marks from a recognized university.|
UG and PG course admissions are done on the basis of the score in entrance exams like CAT, MAT, SNAP, CMAT, MAH-CET, etc.
Event Management courses after 12th
- BMS in Event Management
- BA in Event Management
- BBA in Event Management
- Diploma in Media and Event Management
- Diploma in Event Design and Management
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Event Management and Public Relations
- Advanced Diploma in Event Management
Entomology is the study of insects and their relationship with humans, the environment, and other organisms. It is basically a study of insects, spiders, scorpions, and other similar species. This is a very unique course that is offered in India. If you are interested in studying insects, the environment, species, and how they affect humans and our environment then you should opt for an entomology course.
Types of courses in Entomology
- Apiology-Science of beekeeping.
- Myrmecology-Science of dealing with ants.
- Hemepterology-Study of disease-causing bedbugs, squash bugs, etc.
- Dipterology- Science of disease-causing flies.
- Orthopterology-Science of dealing with the orthoptera family.
Eligibility Criteria for Entomology Course
- 10+2 passed from any board with science stream physics, chemistry, and biology as main subjects.
- Admission on the basis of entrance examinations.
The job profile of entomologists is considered as researchers related to insects and agriculture. The work profile revolves around classification, life cycle, habits, ecology, and more dynamics of insects.
Listed some classifications of entomologists are :
- Military Entomologists
- Forensic Entomologists
- Agricultural Entomologists
- Forest Entomologists
- Research Entomologists
- Commercial Entomologists
Other Career options to opt after 10+2
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrology/ Electrolysis
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Science
This post is part of #BlogchatterA2Z challenge
© Ruchie Verma.
Disclaimer: The details mentioned in the post are true to the author’s knowledge and for information purposes ONLY. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruchie Verma (WigglingPen) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
647 total views, 1 views today