What is Vastu Shastra? : It is one of the ancient teachings from the Indian civilization. It deals with the science of the architecture and tells how a building should be planned to channelize the positive energy in our lives. The proper implementation of Vastu techniques has brought peace and prosperity to many households for centuries. Though Vastu started out with the construction rules for Hindu temples, it soon branched out to residential houses, office buildings, vehicles, sculpture, paintings, furniture etc. The science of Vastu is mostly based on directions and the building materials used, along with many other minor factors.
The five elements of Vastu Shastra
There are five elements that are really important in Vastu Shastra. These are–
According to the traditional knowledge, the entire universe around us is made up of these five basic elements. In fact, the five elements of the nature have to be coordinated with the five elements of the human body as well.
Basic 8 directions given by Vaastu are :
- East: : East stands for sunrise, or new beginnings. It is very advantageous for people who are trying to end something bad and getting started with something new. It is the direction of prosperity.
- West: The west is the direction where the sun sets, which means that this direction is not really good for beginnings. Store the garbage bins or build the garage in the western direction of the house.
- North: North is the direction that is best for the business people who are interested in applying some Vastu in their lives. The planet that rules over this direction is mercury, which makes it really beneficial for people to have offices in this direction. Do not put any staircases in the north, for it can promote financial loss in one’s life.Do not keep the kitchen in the northern part of the house
- South: The south is quite a contradictory direction. There is some fear among those who follow Vastu Shastra about this direction. This is because of the fact that there are mixed feelings about whether this direction works for people or not. Say, if one builds a house with a south facing entrance, they might be successful for the first few years, but after that the money will begin to stagnate and eventually start decreasing.
- North East: North-east is the direction of god. It is the most auspicious one and it is known to promote positive aspects in men and women.
- North West : The north-west is the direction that handles interpersonal relationships. The kind of relationships people have with the other members of the family certainly depends on the same.
- South East: South-east is the direction of the logical and reasoning person. It is very beneficial to have the kitchen in this direction.Any electrical instruments, like TVs, motors, batteries, inverters, home theatre, etc. should be placed on the south- eastern side of the room.
- South West : This is the direction of the demons, the opposite of north-east. As a result of this, it can command the business field and the decisions made in that field.
Copyright © Ruchie2k16